12 Easy Ways to Recognize Your Clutter
When learning how to declutter fast, you really need to know some
sure-fire ways to DECIDE
if something is clutter
...so I came up with a
Top 10 List for you (actually, I came up with 12 ways to recognize your
- Use the The
Clutter Test - does it lift your energy or bring
you joy? If not, it's clutter.
- Take out your favorites (no more than 50% of your stuff),
and take a
good, hard look at everything else. Most of what's left is clutter.
- If you haven't used it in a year, it's clutter.
- If you won't likely use it in the coming year either (and
actively planning on using it), it's clutter.
- If you feel yourself hesitating when you look at it, it's
- If you struggle with the decision, it's definitely clutter.
- If you feel upset in any way when you see it, it's clutter.
- If you're keeping it because you think you should (it was a
was expensive, etc.), it's clutter.
- If you feel yourself resisting getting rid of it, it's
you feel yourself coming up with reasons to keep it,
- If it's broken, needs cleaning, etc., and you don't want to
the time, money, or energy RIGHT NOW (like THIS WEEK) to fix it, it's
- If you don't even know what it is, it's definitely clutter.
As you're going through your stuff, if any of the above indicators tell
you that something is clutter, you can get rid of it - and declutter